Volunteer interest is at an all-time high. We are hearing from individuals as young as 9 years old who want to volunteer! You’ve made that decision and now you’re wondering what to do next.
The Flint Hills Volunteer Center has signed agreements with a variety of local non-profits who are in need of volunteers. We serve as the placement agency for those non-profits. In addition, we are creating opportunities for families to volunteer together on a weekend, one-time events for groups of volunteers, and so on.
What is the next step?
- You will need to complete an enrollment form. All information on this form is confidential. Emails, address, and phone numbers are not shared with anyone. Data stored on the computer has an access code unknown to anyone other than immediate staff. All records are kept in a locked file cabinet.
- Meet with a staff member. This allows us to get to know you, your likes/dislikes, your passion, and so on. We can tell by the conversation where we think you’d be interested in volunteering. A staff member will also give you a list of opportunities for you to review.
- Background Checks are completed before placing with children.
Once you are placed in a volunteer position(s) we ask that you record your volunteer time and submit to us on a monthly basis. Most of our volunteer sites will ask you to sign in/out and they will share your hours with us.
I’m a Volunteer…Now What?
- You will receive a weekly email (blind copied) listing all of the upcoming volunteer opportunities. These change from day to day and this helps give you the current list of needs.
- Follow us on Facebook (Flint Hills Volunteer Center) for stories and photos.
Invite your family and friends to share the journey with you. Together we can make a difference in our community!